Friday, November 20, 2015

Party Details - Our Gender Reveal with Freshly Picked


IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!

We are SO excited for another little girl.  I was hoping Olivia would have a sister and we're over the moon that she will.  We've chosen a name for the baby and Olivia says it in probably the cutest way possible!  She's been talking to her so much lately, saying good morning, I love you, what are you doing in there...it's so adorable! It makes me so excited for the baby to be here and to be a family of four.  

Freshly Picked was a HUGE part of our gender reveal and I couldn't be more thankful for their hard work!  At our 16 week ultrasound, we were able to find out whether the baby was a boy or girl and asked that our ultrasound tech keep it a secret from us.  She wrote it down on a card and sealed the envelope and I typed up an email before our appointment and she was able to type boy or girl on the line and sent it on its way to Freshly Picked.  From there, Rachel (FP) put the moccs in a box and sent them our way!  For a boy, I had chose "Prince George" and for a girl, I chose "Neon Pink".  I wanted bright, bold colors to ensure we knew exactly what it was when we opened the box ;) My friend Masha knew what the baby was too and was so good at keeping our secret! She was able to get the tracking number for the moccs and updated me when I was freaking out. When the moccs arrived, I had our neighbor open the box and put them in a special box I had chosen for the party.  I couldn't risk opening the mailing box just incase I was able to see through the FP bag! t ;) 


For the party prep, Olivia and I got to work making chocolate covered pretzels, popcorn, Nilla wafers, cupcakes and pink/boy water bottles.  She loved "helping" and I was sure to save the ones she made to the side...just incase little nibbles occurred here and there ;) I made everything but the cupcakes the day before so I wasn't running around like a nut before the party.  









By the time everyone arrived, I was able to put all of the treats out and enjoy myself.  Around 7pm we started FaceTiming family and friends who could not be with us and I was getting so anxious.  I felt like I knew it in my heart that the baby was a girl, but then I was second guessing myself...it was all exciting leading up to it! We had Olivia open the box and pull out the FP canvas bag and sure enough, she pulled out bright pink moccs!  It was really fun to have everyone vote right before and seeing their guesses, "team girl" was winning for sure.  






Overall, we had such a fun night and its so nice to know there is another little girl on the way!  Now to start planning her nursery ;) Hope you enjoyed seeing a glimpse into our gender reveal party!  Did you have one too?  What are your favorite details of gender reveals that you've seen?  I'd love to hear! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.