Thursday, September 3, 2015

Blogger Meet & Mingle || Sami Rae Writes


It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  Today, I'm so happy to share Samantha from Sami Rae Writes with you! Hope you enjoy getting to know her more with all of her answers to some fun behind-the-blog questions!




Your blog name & its significance


Hello! My name is Samantha and I'm the author behind Sami Rae Writes! As I struggled to name my blog, I finally decided to go with the childhood nickname I received from my father (who is one of my major support in this) and what I've always loved to do. That's how Sami Rae Writes was born! I love it because my blog is truly about getting my written voice heard and I can write about anything throughout my different journeys of life.

Tell us about your family

I married my first and only boyfriend at the age of 19 in May of 2013, and a year later in June our precious son was born. These two boys truly run my world and keep me on my toes! I am blessed to be a stay at home mommy and housewife and I wouldn't trade it for the world.





Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...

Currently in my shower is some pretty cheap beauty products. I use Suave Professionals products for my hair and Bath & Body Works body wash (they just had one of their big annual sales!) Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done

I never leave the house without...

I never leave the house without my child. Seriously! Being a stay at home mom means dragging my son around everywhere I go, but I enjoy it. I also never leave without my cell phone or my wedding ring. If I'm halfway to my destination and realize I forgot to put my ring on, I will literally drive all the way back to get it. The significance is very important to me!


First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself

When I (finally) get five minutes to myself, the first thing I usually do is eat. There's something about eating food without a child in your lap begging for some that makes food taste ten times better!

Favorite cupcake

My favorite cupcake is any cupcake! If it's homemade, even better. I have a major sweet tooth so dessert is the way to my heart!

Top products you'd recommend to new moms...

If you're a new mom, I definitely recommend investing in an automatic baby swing. It will be your lifesaver in the early months! Also invest in a baby carrier. I recommend a Tula but honestly whatever works for you is best. Being able to carry a baby hands-free is awesome. Lastly, get some reusable nursing pads! I know it's technically not for baby, but it's because of baby! Don't spend tons of money on disposable nursing pads every month like you do diapers, just buy (or make) a pack of reusable ones and there you go. They truly are a lifesaver when your newborn (or any newborn) cries in public.

Currently obsessed with…

 I'm currently obsessed with DIY projects. There's not a crafty thing that I haven't tried this year!

Top three meals you make for your family

The top three meals I make for my family are:
 - Salsa chicken breast (cover chicken with taco seasoning and salsa and bake. So easy!)
 - Pesto Chicken Pasta
 - Turkey Tacos

As you can probably tell, I love chicken!


Favorite blog & why 


My favorite blog right now is Unveiled Wife. Jennifer is so encouraging and reminds me to pray for my husband and marriage every day. But honestly, I like to read so many blogs because we're all unique and have something different to offer to others!
Social Media Links:



Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Samantha! I just love learning about who's behind the blog...so fun, right?! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and follow along! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.