Monday, August 10, 2015

Meet & Mingle || Miss Mary's Marbles

  

It's Meet & Mingle day! Every week I'm sharing some of my favorite girlfriends and their blogs.  This is a great opportunity to see who's "behind the blog" and to get to know other bloggers.  Today, I'm so happy to share Mary from Miss Mary's Marbles with you!  I love her tagline: "Losing my marbles, but playing for keeps", aren't we all?! ;) Hope you enjoy getting to know her more with all of her answers to some fun behind-the-blog questions!

1.  Your blog name & it’s significance

My Blog name is Miss Mary's Marbles . I started blogging as a way to talk about my experience with Reiki, family life, fashion, beauty and a little bit of everything in between. The reason I named my blog this because I wanted something that was unique. I am known to be a little quirky, crazy and dramatic at times so I thought my tagline was perfect to a go along with it as well. "Losing my Marbles, by Playing for Keeps"


2.  Tell us a little about your family

I am a single mother to two daughters. They are 14 and 8.  Kyra- My oldest loves to play guitar and listen to rock music. She is a anime fanatic , and loves to play with her pokemon cards. Kyra also has ADD/ADHD and some Austism. 
 Chelsie loves to listen to Taylor Swift, Jason Derulo, and Katy Parry. She loves to go for bike rides, draw.
I also have 2 direct sales businesses I am in called One Earth and Color by Amber. You can find out more about them on my blog. 
I love to watch the tv show Reign. I am praying that it keeps going so we can find out what happens with Fary ( Francis and Mary) it is loosely based on the royal families history through the years. 
I also LOVE to paint, write poems and listen to really loud music when I can lol. A few goals I have - learn to play the violin and harp. 




3.  Currently in my shower [favorite beauty products]...

ohhhh do we have to go there? LOL There's a few products I couldn't live without in our bathroom.  Ours by Cheryl Hickey- Head to Toe body wash,  Haiku - Body Lotion. Haiku Perfume.   Avon's Moisture therapy Derma soothing body lotion for when my eczema/psoriasis flares up.  Matrix Amplify Shampoo and Conditioner so it can give me that extra "UMPH" my hair needs. Tooth brushes, tooth paste , hair brushes galore-we have 3 ladies in the house and we each have at least 2 to 3 brushes a piece.  Along with the many hair ties ( we seem to lose a lot of those too lol) Hair Straightener, Curling Iron's , Hair dryer.  Younique makeup- Love this stuff! 

4.  I never leave the house without...

My Purse! It has everything I need in it and more - and a few crystals/gemstones I keep in my pockets to bring Good Karma throughout the day.


5.  First thing you do when you have 5 minutes to yourself

Meditate. I close my eyes and meditate on everything that life has brought forth. I am grateful for everything and everyone that walks into our lives and in our hearts, and every once in a while I will have a hot cup of tea to de-stress :)



6.  Favorite cupcake   - Strawberry Shortcake :) 

7.  Top three baby items you’d recommend to new moms -

 It's been awhile for me with this one, as my girls have grown up a little. There's so many new items I wish I had when they were younger. The top baby item's I would to use are : The Baby Bullet- would have helped me a lot back in the day! Crane Cool Mist Humidifier - Penguin - the new designs are so cute! Last but certainly not least Baby Einstein - 2-in-1 Safari Adventure Gym and Tunnel - works perfectly for both girls and boys.

8.  Currently obsessed with… 

Crystals and Gemstones- Anytime I am out for a walk I'm always looking for cool stones to take home with us. OHHH and I can't forget Reign! It's been a blast learning about Mary - Queen of Scots- and how the royal family progressed through each generation. Plus I love the details of the set as it was from the 1500's .


9.  Top three meals you make for your family

Our favorites meals are anything that has Chicken or Beef in it.  We don't tend to order out too much as we prefer home made meals. 
Kyra's favorite is Honey Garlic chicken with red potatoes and corn.
Chelsie's favorite is Potatoes, Steak, and Carrots.
Mine well I have a few but to keep it to the three - lasagna- Homemade - I tend to change up the recipe all the time so it's never the same twice :) 


10.  Favorite blog & why 

Now this is a hard one for me because I follow a lot of blogs here's a list by categories to make it easier :)
Fashion -Nataliastyle, Natalie Ast - natalieast.com
Beauty - Canadian Beauty, Henna Singh - CanadianBeauty.com
Health- Fitness Cheerleader - Janice - http://fitnesscheerleader.com

These are just some that I love to read on a weekly basis. I do have other's but these top the list :) 

Social media links:

Miss Mary's Marbles : Website
                                  : Facebook 
                                  : Twitter
                                  : IG
                                  : Pinterest
                                  : LinkedIn
                                  : Google +

Thank you so much for sharing a slice of your life with us, Mary! I just love learning about who's behind the blog...so fun, right?! Be sure to pop over to her blog and visit her social media links and follow along! 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------



If you'd like to be featured for a Meet & Mingle, please contact me at thebirdsnestblogger@gmail.com.  Feel free to grab a button while you're here. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Marble is timeless the natural stone comes in many diffrerent varieties, each with its own unique coloring and styling with its luxurious look and feel. marble it is looks very beautiful of walls and floor any rooms and bathroom it i also use in white marble counter tops and kichen and bathrooms.
    Thanks
    Marble and Granite flooring
    Marble and Granite Steps

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.