Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Festive Nautical Snack || Blueberry Yogurt Bark


Hi! Today I'm sharing a super easy, festive snack that is perfect for the fourth of July and all summer long! It's no secret that we love our Re-play tableware.  It's perfect for kids and adults, too. I absolutely love their new Nautical line, which is a Kelly green, navy blue and bright white. 


I love making fun meals and festive snacks so this opportunity was right up my alley! When Olivia was a baby, I would make her frozen yogurt dots which she loved and it was perfect for sore, teething gums. Now that she's older, I thought yogurt bark would be perfect for her.  This is based off of an idea I saw on Pinterest, which used dried strawberries. 


Yogurt Bark:

Baking pan
Plain Greek yogurt (or flavored whichever you prefer)
Fruit 

1.  Line a baking pan with foil (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray) or parchment paper so the bottom and sides are completely covered. 

2.  Spread a thin layer of plain Greek yogurt in the bottom of the pan.

3.  Layer with fruit and gently press the fruit into the yogurt.

4.  Freeze for a minimum of two hours. 

5.  Break apart & enjoy! 

I stored mine in a freezer bag once it was broken into "bark" pieces and Livvy grabs one whenever she pleases. You could use all types of fruit...pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, or even for a sweet twist - chocolate chips, sprinkles. 

*Emphasis on a thin layer...the first time I made it, it was too thick and very difficult to break so a thin layer is perfect to break into pieces. 

To finish this fun Nautical breakfast, I added strawberry "shark fins" and some "life preservers" ;) Enjoy! 





1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! I am going to try it, so simple. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.