Friday, June 19, 2015

Farmer's Market + Wacky Lemon Cake


Today was a beautiful day and my sister and I decided to try a new farmer's market just a quick ride away.  It was huge and I'm so glad we tried it!  I love farmer's markets and I always prefer to buy my fruits and vegetables there instead of at the supermarket when I can. There were so many stands filled to the brim with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, beets, radishes, fresh bread, pastries, fresh strawberries, honey...just everything you could think of! We loaded up on fresh fruit and veggies and bought some treats to enjoy on the grass along the park area.  We bought warm chocolate chip cookies and homemade strawberry scones to snack on in the car.  And while we spent most of our time chasing after the girls running in two directions, it was still an enjoyable trip.    Bring on summer and fresh everything! 







Have you ever heard of the Pinterest famous wacky cake? If you haven't tried it, it's delicious! I shared on Instagram (@thebirdsnestblog) that I made the lemon version last night. Super easy - no eggs, milk, or butter and it comes out super moist. I've made the chocolate one quite a few times and the lemon one was just as good.  I used this recipe from Pinterest.  Perfect for a quick dessert when you need a little something ;)

[Image via: SweetLittleBluebird


Follow along: Pinterest Instagram Facebook Bloglovin' XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.