Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Our Weekend [Flowers + A 'Rodie]

This weekend we planted our vegetable garden and a few planters for the front steps and Olivia had a blast helping.  I'm hoping she doesn't inherit my black thumb...or lack of watering skills ;) We went to our local nursery and picked out lots of vegetable plants, including basil, parsley, tomatoes, kale, red leaf lettuce, cucumbers, red and orange bell peppers, dill and brussel sprouts.  Last year our garden was seriously ginormous (any Elf fans here?!) and I'm hoping for the same thing this year.  Isn't it so great eating fresh from your own garden?  We also bought a lavender plant (my favorite) and flowers for two planters.  I followed the rule of "tall, sprawl, and flower", which I may or may not have made up? Hahah...it sounds good and worked nicely ;) I used the Pinterest trick of adding diaper beads to the potting soil so I'll keep you updated with how that works.









Some ice cream was well deserved after all that hard work! On Sunday, we went to church and the girls had some fun afterwards playing outside.  Olivia's new favorite song is Ring Around the Rosie, which she has shortened to A 'Rodie!  It's the most adorable thing when she grabs Brynn and they both start flying around in a circle singing "a rodie, a rodie, ashes, ashes, down!"  





Hope you all had a great weekend too! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.