Monday, March 9, 2015

Playroom Progress: Part One

Hope you all had a great weekend.  Even though yesterday was a little tiring with the time change, I'm looking forward to longer, sun filled days so it was a welcomed change. As I mentioned in my previous post our playroom renovation is in full swing.  I'm so excited!  I'm pretty sure I have figured out how I want the layout to be, which I scribbled down on a post-it and texted to my hubby.  Here are some before pictures, in all their glory - no judging;) and some shots of our progress so far... *Before my hubby moved most of the furniture out, I didn't get to take before pics...still sad about that so we're left with in-between-moving-furniture pictures*

Before:



Progress: Part One (Carpet removal, adhesive removal, building and framing staircase and dog suite)







I never really realized how treacherous the staircase was before we put that wall up and I'm so glad we did with little ones running around.  Our plan for the stairs is to sand and repaint them, then add a runner for extra comfort and stability on the stairs.  The "dog suite" will be underneath the stairs and will replace our dog's crate, which is rather large and I wanted more room for Olivia to play so my hubby came up with this idea.  Brilliant, right?!  She'll have her own little area and I'll probably install a soft light in there.  We're also making some sort of door for it as well.  On the wall with the window, I'll be creating a chalkboard area for Olivia and friends to draw with chalk and create little masterpieces ;) We also picked out paint, which is very similar to the color now but will make the room look fresh and clean.  The floor will be one of the last parts of the project as it's super messy with saw dust, paint, etc.  I can't wait to share more of our progress with you throughout the next few weeks! 

To see my playroom ideas and plans, view that post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.