Friday, February 6, 2015

Our Week || Dip, Flowers & No Sleep Ninjas

Part of me can't believe it's Friday already and part of me was counting down the minutes.  We had a busy week with snow, errands, and a toddler who seems to be mixing up her days and nights.  For some reason, Olivia keeps waking up during the night crying/screaming. She has a cold so that may be adding to it, but boy I am not a person who can function on little sleep.  I'm so thankful for my hubby who tends to be much better with getting less sleep than I am.  Hoping our no sleep ninja decides to turn things around ;) I hope its not an ear infection, poor baby!

Superbowl Sunday was held at my sister's house and there was tons of yummy food.  I made artichoke dip using this recipe and also made the beer bread to go with it.  It was so good! Pretty sure I'll make two next time, as it was gone within minutes.


My mind has been turning about Olivia's birthday in April.  I'll be hosting a big giveaway with lots of fun shops and products and I cannot wait to share it with you!  Last year, we had a bigger party with lots of family to celebrate her first birthday - I cannot believe she'll be two!! This year, we'll be having a very small get together with family for her birthday.  Even though we are keeping it very small, I still want it to be really pretty and perfect for her.  I've been loving the look of crepe paper flowers and one of our friends had a book of all different flower templates.  I couldn't wait to try it myself so I headed to AC Moore and picked up a few different packages of crepe paper and tried to make a few.  I really love how they came out and I can't wait to make some for her birthday. 


My sister and I headed to the salon for a girls day and I couldn't be happier for a day out.  Sometimes you just need to do something for yourself to make you feel pretty and refresh yourself as a mom and wife.  I know when I have a little time to myself I can put my best self forward and it really shows. One of our best friends is a hair stylist at our favorite salon, where Carrie Underwood just walked right in from the elevator one day - um, amazing. I couldn't wait to get a haircut and highlights.  It had been since the day before Olivia's last birthday party!  After Teresa did my foils, she told us she had a surprise and that my hubby booked us for manicures.  Wasn't that the sweetest?  He really is so thoughtful and it makes me proud that he is.  It was such a nice surprise and so nice to be pampered.  While we were gone, he had both Olivia and her cousin Brynn and he made cookies with them.  One of my favorite pictures ever, so sweet...


We had such a great day and it was so nice to catch up on some gossip girl time, and relax while enjoying ourselves.  How do you take time for yourself?  Do you schedule in some "me" time or is it months before you realize you could use a little?  It's so worth it!  I'll leave you with my first ever selfie, which I'm still smiling about because clearly one of us has had some practice ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.