Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Whipped Brown Sugar Scrub

I can't get enough of these homemade scrubs!  My friend's birthday was on Sunday (Hi Julia!) and I wanted to make her a little something special.  The last scrub I made was a coconut almond sugar scrub, the recipe can be found here. I wanted to try to make a different kind and I love how it turned out. The scrub is light and soft, yet exfoliates so well.  Coconut oil is so great for your skin and it's been making my skin so soft.  Below is my recipe for whipped brown sugar scrub.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup of coconut oil (solid)
1/4 cornstarch
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 fine white sugar
2 drops of vanilla extract or essential oil

Start by adding the solid coconut oil (not melted) into a stand mixer.  Begin whipping it for about 2 minutes or until fluffy.  Add in the cornstarch, continuing to whip together.  Once whipped, add in the two sugars and drops of vanilla.  The consistency should be light and fluffy, slightly crumbly.  If the consistency is too moist, add more sugar, or if too dry add a small amount of more coconut oil. 


The scrub smells so good and knowing that it's made from pure ingredients makes me love it even more.  Side note:  The other night, my toddler requested that Daddy would read to her before bedtime.  You better believe I kissed her goodnight, ran down the hall, started the shower and locked that door!  Mommies need time outs too! ;)  This scrub is just a little indulgence at the end of the day.  

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. This looks amaze plus I can snack while I'm showering! Now that's a win/win hehe thanks for sharing and for always stopping by the Lavish Lemon Link Up XOXO doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! What a perfect time of year to exfoliate ! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it would smell amazing and do wonders to the skin. What a great and personal gift. Thank you for sharing and stopping by the Lavish Lemons link up! I had to pin this to my beauty board. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.