Wednesday, November 19, 2014

We Painted || DIY Christmas Ornaments for Toddlers

I can feel Christmas is the air!  I'm so excited for the holidays this year and everyday it's getting more and more festive around here.  On Sunday, I went to church solo while my hubby stayed home with Olivia.  When I got back, I found that he had made Christmas ornaments with her!  It just warms my heart to see that... A) He found a baby safe recipe B) He thought about this little project on his own C) She loved it D) He cleaned up.  Santa will be good to him this year :)


The biggest one is her handprint...love. He used this recipe here, which was basically a mix of cornstarch, baking soda, and water.  I love how bright white and sturdy the ornaments came out.  After the ornaments were cooked and cooled, we painted them using Crayola washable paint.  We babysit my niece, Brynn, on Mondays so she joined in too!  Brynn was definitely into it more, while Olivia was slightly concerned about getting messy.  She is my child.

To prep them, we put my hubby's old t-shirts on them to avoid a painted clothes mess and set up their Ikea Latt table with newspapers to cover the surface.  Perfect sized table that we use for everything! {Look under the DIY tab to see more pictures of customizing the table} Step #1...do not eat the ornaments before we can race to get the paint open.







We also kept construction paper nearby, for those who grew tired of painting ornaments ;)


Overall, they came out so cute!! Both girls were proud to show off their ornaments when they were finished.  We wrote their initials and year on the back so we can keep them as a keepsake through the years.  


Let me know if you try this!  It was an easy, festive craft that can be enjoyed by all! What festive projects have you done lately?  Are you planning a special holiday craft with your little ones?


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Could they be any cuter? They look like they had a ball!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.