Sunday, November 23, 2014

Sunday Supper || Delicious & Easy Tom Kha Gai Soup

You guys, this is the most delicious and easiest soup ever! I have a serious love affair with Tom Kha Gai (Thai coconut soup), like serious.  I've been dying to make it at home and my husband hates soup.  With a passion.  The other night, he had gone to work so I whipped this up and it was delicious!  My sister came over and both babies devoured it as well.  Definitely a keeper!  I strayed from the authentic way slightly to make it a little more hearty and the result was seriously yummy.

Ingredients:

1 carton of Swanson Thai Infused Broth
1 carton of low sodium chicken stock (I always use organic)
2 cans of coconut milk (not light style)
1-2 cups of carrots (cut matchstick style)
Carton of mushrooms
Shredded chicken
1 package of Ramen noodles (noodles only, not season packet)
Lime wedges

Directions:
- Combine the Thai broth and chicken stock and heat over medium high heat.
- Add carrots and mushrooms
- Cook until carrots have softened, add shredded chicken and Ramen noodles. (I broke the noodles up slightly)
- Add two cans of coconut milk and stir until combined.
- Heat through until warm and bubbly

Serve with lime wedges.   The squirt of lime really brightens it up!

Easy, right?!  If you prefer not to use the Thai broth, you can use vegetable broth or chicken stock and add your own Thai ingredients (lemongrass, lime, ginger, etc) You could also throw this in the crockpot on low for a few hours, adding the mushrooms and coconut milk towards the last half hour or so. It is so good! Let me know if you try it!

Have a wonderful Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.