Thursday, October 16, 2014

We Painted || Baby Safe Finger Paint

I've been seeing recipes for baby safe finger paints popping up all over Pinterest and I decided to make my own for a day of painting with the munchkin.  Ok, maybe 4 minutes of painting with a toddler...even so, it was fun!  Here's how to make the paint:

1 cup of greek yogurt (I chose to use greek so it's not too runny)
Food coloring
Canvas or large piece of paper



That's it.  Seriously, so easy!  I chose to make pink and purple, but you could easily make tons of other colors, mixing and matching to your little one's bedroom or playroom if you're planning on hanging their masterpiece ;)  You can basically eyeball the 1 cup, using more or less depending on what size canvas you're using.  I highly recommend keeping baby wipes or paper towels close by.  It is definitely a messy project, but oh so yummy for yogurt loving babies.

We painted with her cousin, Brynn, and both babies were excited to start.  First time painter fail:  Painting on the grass.  Why did I think this was a good idea? Next time, I would definitely put down a sheet or paint inside.  Rookie move.  Although, props to myself for putting Olivia in one of my old t-shirts to protect her clothes.  Would recommend:)



She was very proud of hers.  Brynnie was hesitant at first, then sampled some and got into it ;)  *Look past the painting clothes* 





Once the painting was done and interest was lost, both babies continued to sample the paint...


I'd say it was a tasty little project ;)  Once they are finished painting, I went over the thicker areas with my finger, removing excess paint, to make sure it dries evenly.  


This was a fun, tactile activity for little one's. I'd love to know if you try it yourself!  Off to hang this little masterpiece ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.