Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Our Weekend: Apples, Leaves and 30,000 People

I'm aware it's Tuesday already, but we've had such a busy few days I haven't gotten to catch up.  Do you have weekends like that?  They go by so quickly!



Every year on the first Sunday of October, our town has a huge fall festival called Applefest.  When I say huge, I mean 30,000+ people crammed onto the downtown streets filled with food, crafts, and handmade products.  There's zeppoles, apple cider, sausage and peppers, BBQ, perogies, maple cotton candy, soups, caramel apples, and pulled pork sandwiches...just to name a few.  The vendors range from homemade soaps and candles, wooden toys, fairy crowns, personalized slate signs, pillows, scarves, baby fur vests...literally anything you can think of, it's pretty much there.  It was a beautiful day for it and there were so many people crammed everywhere!



{My sister and niece, enjoying some Zeppoles}

After heading home, I took Olivia outside to play on the swings and enjoy the fall weather.  She loves swinging outside and loves finding rocks even more.  I swear some days she would be happy to collect rocks for 4 hours.



We ended our weekend with a nice family walk and of course I had to get the obligatory stroller-surrounded-by-leaves picture ;)  Another one of her favorite things to collect: leaves!



Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!  Up next: Maple Brown Sugar Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by...I'd love to hear from you!

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.